Monday, March 26, 2012

Procrastination

Yeah, yeah. It has been a while. I just haven't had anything to really talk about. And I have this thing with writing short posts unless absolutely necessary.

Not much progress. I found out that the 15 pounds I lost was just part of my weight's tendency to fluctuate. It goes up and down within the range of 250 and 280 pounds. So until I can get my sorry butt up and away from the computer, my weight isn't going anywhere.

I tried that quiche recipe that I posted before. Two things. I discovered that it was delicious. Before you cooked it. I had made up the mix, and tasted it. It was amazing. It was loaded with flavor, and dripping with suspense. I then put it in the pie shell and slid it in the oven, already salivating.

However, 30 minutes later, a foul stench filled the house. I opened the oven, and was blasted with one of the worst smells in cooking history. After the quiche finished, I tentatively pulled it out and began cutting it and serving it. Carefully, I took my first bite. And almost spat it back out. It had gotten worse. (Duh, you don't cook veggies to make them better.) A bit of Tabasco helped wash it down.

I may try it again, but I will not cook the mixture. Just eat it from the bowl.

Well, we approach the one month mark. I know a lot of people thought I couldn't make it this far. I can understand that. The cravings are unbearable. Plus, it is hard to find hearty vegan foods. Ones loaded with protein, and vitamins, and everything I need.

Someday, meat. Someday I will come back for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment